SUPPORTIVE HOUSING PROGRAM COORDINATOR – COMMUNITY HOUSE MENTAL HEALTH AGENGY
• Educational background in global environmental and development issues, including educational travel experience learning about ecotourism practices.
• Over 3 year of work and volunteer experience in social services involving homeless and mentally ill populations.
• Over 2 years of customer service experience, including in a supervisor role.
• Over 5 years of restaurant cooking experience, including 2 years of kitchen management.
• Three years of experience in an office setting.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
SUPPORTIVE HOUSING PROGRAM COORDINATOR
September 2017 to Present
• In addition to duties listed below for Supportive Housing Specialist, additional duties include:
• Oversight of supportive housing staff and overall program
• Coordination with numerous agencies to facilitate new client move ins and successful transition from hospital into housing to live more independently
STANDARD SUPPORTIVE HOUSING SPECIALIST
July 2015 to September 2017
• Work cooperatively with clinical and housing staff on site and with visiting providers; refer residents to clinical and other staff as necessary.
• Write significant events involving residents and building operations activities in a daily notes.
• Work in a specialized program with mentally diagnosed patients to balance their clinical and housing needs/obligations.
• Work closely with clients to establish rapport in order to help advocate for clinical and housing needs of clients.
• Develop clinical and therapeutic oriented activities and encourage clients to participate as part of their treatment plan.
December 2014 to December 2015
Interact with residents in the general milieu of common areas.
• Assist clinical staff in the coordination of services to residents; contact residents’ outside service providers as necessary.
• Assist clinical staff in engaging residents through creative, resourceful strategies that build trust and confidence.
• Assist clinical staff in the initiation, facilitation and promotion of on-site activities, therapeutic support groups, outings and community meetings.
• Manage all building operations in the absence of Project Manager, RC supervisor, and clinical staff as assigned.
• Operate all functions in lobby office, including checking visitors in and out, answering telephones and monitoring security systems.
• Maintain safety and security by monitoring all general access areas and enforcing project rules.
• Intervene in crises, respond to emergencies, and initiate action as required, including contact with emergency response systems.
• Write significant events involving residents and building operations activities in a daily log; read log daily.
• Assist with room turnovers, new resident leasing and orientation; rent collection and facilities inspections.
• Respond to resident complaints.
• Work cooperatively with clinical and maintenance staff on site and with visiting providers; refer residents to clinical and other staff as necessary
Lead customer service person
October 2013 to October 2014
OCTOBER 2013 – OCTOBER 2014
• Received nightly produce shipments, tracked the inventory to ensure it was all received, put away food in timely manner, and rotated food to limit spoilage and ensure product was being used in order received.
• Lead a team to drive sales, create quality product, and deliver professional customer service.
• Train team members on food production and safety procedures.
• Lead customer service person in charge for the department during my shifts.
• 40 hours per week
July 2012 to August 2013
• Responsible for opening the kitchen and working as lead lunch chef.
• Formulating a daily prep list and prioritizing tasks based on importance.
• Received a perfect grade during the annual health inspection that was performed during my tenure.
• 40-50 hours per week
June 2011 to May 2012
• Opening line chef responsible for setting up the kitchen daily and running the kitchen for lunch service.
• Assisted in training new back of the house employees to ensure consistency and maintain restaurant standards.
• Promoted twice before eventually being asked to manage the kitchen.
• 36 hours per week
October 2009 to April 2011
• Lead a team of kitchen workers to ensure quality food was being produced in an efficient manner.
• Track food inventory and manage food costs to ensure maximum profits.
• Manage all restaurant operations during off-season including bar tending and serving (customer service), managing the lottery machines and handling cash, handling all customer transactions, cooking, learning MICROS POS computer system.
• 30 hours per week during summer season. 65 hours per week during winter season
2008 to 2009
• Developed a database of past donors as well as compiling a list of new potential organizations that could potentially donate.
• Worked in the kitchen with residents to help make sure all residents could eat nutritious meals.
BACHELORS in International Studies
Skills & Abilities
• Two years of kitchen management experience.
• Experience leading a team of workers and motivating employees to achieve positive results.
• Training and supervisory duties in both a restaurant and customer service setting.
• Direct contact with customers to receive feedback to enable positive change to be made.
• Pushing proven products to customers and providing exceptional customer service.
• Working with product/food reps to maintain proper inventory.
• Performing customer service in a retail food setting, while also providing supervision to a team.
• Communicating effectively with co-workers using telephone, email, and daily logs to ensure consistent results.
• Maintain positive relationships with outside agencies and community partners.
• Coordinate with other agencies and match potential clients with programs that suit their needs.
• Learning valuable leadership skills in school from former Mayor Ron Justice of Morgantown, WV. Mr. Justice was responsible for turning Morgantown into a top small town for business according to Forbes Magazine.
• Leading a team to drive sales, create quality product, and deliver professional customer service.
• Received training with crisis prevention and intervention.