Rehabilitative Case Manager – QMHP-Credentialed MH
Fort Worth, TX
To obtain a challenging career in Mental Health with a small focus in Social Work; while utilizing my excellent customer service skills. I have received my Master’s Degree in Forensic Psychology with a specialization of assessment and treatment. With my current position at MHMR I am able to be exposed to and learn the different processes of an individual that has a mental illness, as well as individuals with common genetic issues. I am looking to gain employment in a facility that is more catered to my Master Degree and gain more knowledge as well. I have worked in over 6 ERs traveling and is currently working full time at a psychiatric facility. I am looking to spread my knowledge as well as learn from the population I serve. “You can never know too much”.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Rehabilitative Case Manager
August 2016 to Present
Current, 6 months)
• Qualified Mental Health Professional-QMHP-CS is a direct care position with the expectation that at least 50% of my work time is spent face to face with the individuals that MHMRTC serves.
• My position has specializations that include functioning as a Rehabilitative Case Manager (RCM, RCM-I) or a Clinical Coordinator (CC).
• A QMHP-CS functions as a part of the treatment team in the clinic to which he/she is assigned, and provides assessment, recovery planning, and ongoing treatment in order to assist individuals with severe and persistent mental illness to gain the skills, resources, and supports necessary to attain their individualized recovery goals. Services may be provided in the clinic or in the community
Certified Trainer Scribe
December 2015 to September 2016
Possess elite skills in training in development and implement the true representation of PhysAssist all across the country to my colleagues which are newly hired scribes.
• Strategically helped design a particular workflow in order to initiate diligent collaboration between the high profile physicians and the scribes throughout the Emergency Department.
• Engaging with new hires in order to ensure that they are well polished for the scribe lifestyle; also to make certain that valuable permanent members are well groomed with skills to perfection, while preparing myself for myself for social trends and influences.
• Represent myself with professionalism as well as the company in a competent manner and travel an agreed amount of miles per month, granted the opportunity to visit and explore exciting locations all over the country.
• Impacting lives everyday personally and professionally for continuous recognition on outstanding performance; currently stationed at Memorial Medical Center in Jacksonville, Florida.
Customer Service Representative
November 2013 to May 2016
Diligently initiate proficient work and executing the mission to earn Guest loyalty and trust upon reliability and respect for our Guests’ time.
• Implementing leadership, conducting best in class customer service and assisting within our guest satisfaction, processing numerous transactions for continuous growth.
• Displaying expertise by using my listening and bridging skills for resolution to a particular situation also initializing my outstanding interpersonal verbal and written communitarian skills.
• Rich capability to work in flexible timing while going to school; conveniently, the job is located in my hometown.
VOE Processor I
June 2015 to August 2015
• Performed professional data entry for Equifax as a 3rd party from my excellent skills in computer informational systems.
• Organized and assimilated data on more than 572 million consumers, 81 million businesses worldwide, and 200 million employee files.
• Used advanced analytics and proprietary technology to create and deliver customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers by transcribing information.
• Underwrite and process calls to employers to confirm the information provided on the Uniform Residential Loan Applications, confirmed demographic information by contacting employers via fax or mail. In addition to utilizing my extensive file experience and patience with dealing with various clients.
May 2014 to August 2014
• Interacted with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about programs and services in a contact center. Maintained flexible timing for work hours earned.
• Conducted interactions with 60-70 different customers helping with inquiries from the Interactive Voice Response (IVR), or web based portals regarding information on programs and services.
• Processed research and documented details of complaints, comments, and actions taken.
• Performed an outstanding amount of commitment to ensure accurate data entry for positive and sufficient representation of the company.
• Enabled DSS to continue with consistency and accuracy and followed standard operating procedures, updated demographics as needed to ensure appropriate business strategy and reported directly to my supervisor regarding any needs or concerns.
• Scholastics Honors Deans List
• Obtained Associates Degree in Social Work along with bachelors in three years.
• Serv-Safe Certified in culinary arts.
• First Aide & CPR Certified
• Graphic Design & Computer Informational Systems Certified.
• Volunteered at Cooks Children Hospital for four years.
• Pledged Delta Phi Epsilon
Master’s in Forensic Psychology
Associate in Social work
May 2014 to May 2015
Bachelor’s in Psychology
February 2017 to February 2019
February 2017 to February 2019
Computer Skills: Data Analysis, MAC OS, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Office 365 and Type 54w.p.m.