Payroll Specialist (Payroll Coordinator) – Fastaff/US Nursing Corp
Skilled payroll professional with over 17 years of payroll processing experience, 14+ years of customer service experience and 4 years of supervisory experience. FCP certified as of October 12, 2012.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Payroll Specialist (Payroll Coordinator)
April 2016 to Present
• Accurate and timely payroll processing of 900+ employees multi-state.
• Communicate to non-exempt employees regarding deadlines and submissions of time cards, verify time cards for appropriate approvals and accuracy and enter into PeopleSoft for payment.
• Process data entry of new hires and ensuring all appropriate documentation and approval.
• Organize and distribute payroll checks and vouchers, provide customer service and respond in a timely manner to employees payroll related issues and inquiries,
• Assist manager with special projects regarding payroll system upgrades, PTO (paid time off) auditing, year-end W-2 audit and processing, report writing, payroll reconciling, and other projects as requested.
• Prepare and upload and, or enter a high-volume of employee data, including hourly, salary data and tax data using ADP payroll system.
• Handle incoming phone calls and e-mail inquiries from Recruitment contacts and employees in regards to payroll issues.
• Act as customer service agent to resolve problems in a timely and effective manner.
Payroll Specialist (Payroll Coordinator)
August 2015 to April 2016
• Input and maintain employee data into the payroll system including address changes, pay changes, withholding information, deductions, garnishments, etc. and maintains files of backup documentation as required
• Collect timecards from supervisors, verifies for accuracy, research and resolve discrepancies, and enter timecard information into the payroll system.
• Process retroactive pay, vehicle allowance, living allowance, signing bonuses, relocation bonus and other exception items.
• Reconciles and audits information for accuracy.
• Prints and mail check and direct deposit vouchers.
• Respond to garnishment and prepare check requests and reports to applicable agencies for amounts withheld.
• Mail the garnishment payment to the agency including United States and Canada.
• Process new hire documentation, including E-verify and Social Security verification.
• Benefit election prior to the employee meeting the 30-day deadline.
• 401k election and tax reporting.
June 2013 to July 2015
• Years of experience in Shared Services to include demonstrated professional development and advancement in a payroll environment.
• Experience with Union Craft Payrolls and the Construction Industry.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
• Having a strong understanding of the applicable company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal regulations.
• Strong Knowledge of MS Office Suite and MS Excel with ability to understand and create complex Excel worksheets.
• Ability to work in an efficient, effective, and respectful manner with a diverse group of individuals and all levels of experience.
• Able to multi-task, meet deadlines and deliver results.
• Accountability for project and assignments to ensure completion
• Effective listening skills, strong sense of urgency and sound judgment with decision-making ability.
• Possess a process/continuous improvement orientation.
• Multi-State processor for the States with localities such as Ohio, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Payroll Specialist (PSRII)
October 2010 to April 2013
Provided customer service and product support for 107 assigned employee-leasing clients. This included:
◦ Processing payroll data;
◦ Utilizing system knowledge and knowledge of product offerings, co-employment relationships, tax concepts, garnishments, deductions and quarterly filings to answering customer inquiries, and identifying and resolving client issues;
◦ Entering new hires into the system, verifying I-9 forms, submitting E-Verify cases and processing terminations;
◦ Communicating information needed by human resources or for the processing/administration of employee benefits;
◦ Monitoring reports for employees not being paid and contacting the client to ensure accuracy of this data;
◦ Ensuring that clients submit employee data timely and follow payroll processing schedules;
◦ Reviewing the Year End Checklist with clients as needed;
• Worked on special projects at year-end as needed.
• Audited system generated reports. Maintained client special instructions manual. Maintained client files; including imaging.
August 2005 to October 2010
• Calculated time for piece rates as well as hours and earnings.
• Answered payroll related inquiries from site personnel and operations management.
• Researched rate and hour issues by interfacing with time management team and resolving back pay.
• Conducted training for off-site administrators on payroll processing procedures.
• Processed special pay requests.
• Responsible for entering daily non-standard logs and weekly logs.
• Acted as a liaison between Payroll and Human Resources to process employee new hire paperwork, terminations and garnishments. Maintained the organization’s payroll records.
Customer Service Supervisor
March 2003 to August 2004
• Managed a fast-paced retail environment
• Supervised 34 retail staff to ensure quality customer service.
• Audited multiple stores in excess of $250,000 in monthly sales. Assisted retail customers with purchases, refunds, special requests.
A.A.S. in Business
Oracle (DTC) Ceridian HR Payroll Web Pay180 Shared Service
ADP Mainframe Orion My Totalsource
MS Office, (Excel, Word, Outlook) FES (specialty written software)
WFX (Workforce Excel) 10 Key