Mortgage Closer – SUNTRUST MORTGAGE
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
December 2016 to Present
• Ensure all loan conditions abide by federal laws and regulations including CFPB, TRID, etc
• Close loans under strict deadlines and time constraints while maintaining a 90% accuracy average
• Communicate effectively with various teammates, vendors and clients to guarantee closing process is completed smoothly
• Check loan documents to ensure that they are complete and accurate, according to policies.
• Maintain current knowledge of credit regulations.
Mortgage Closer, Loan Partner
January 2016 to November 2016
• Prequalified applicants for a new home loan for purchase or refinance in the initial contact
• Reviewed and analyzed credit, assets and debt to income calculations
• Followed up with realtors and borrowers on status of loan application and document retrieval
• Maintained knowledge of Fannie and Freddie, USDA and VA guidelines
April 2015 to December 2015
• Reviewed final Underwriting conditions to confirm all have or will be satisfied at the time of closing
• Reviewed each loans pertinent documentation such as homeowner’s insurance, title commitment, invoices, appraisals, flood certifications and more
• Prepared loan documents for FHA, USDA, VA, BOND and Conventional loans
• Specialty closer for same day rush closings, REO properties and mailaways
March 2013 to April 2015
• Ensured all loan conditions abide by federal laws and regulations including RESPA, TILA, etc
• Closed loans under strict deadlines and time constraints while maintaining a 90% accuracy average
• Communicated effectively with various teammates, vendors and clients to guarantee closing process is completed smoothly
• Checked loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate, according to policies.
• Maintained current knowledge of credit regulations.
March 2010 to November 2012
• Reviewed loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
• Conferred with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
• Executed a high volume of mortgage closings and yielded a 85% post close review accuracy
• Maintained a positive and productive mentality under high pressure situations
AS in Business Administration
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel by creating spreadsheets to track progress of assignments, using Word to submit proposals and reports and Outlook in everyday workflow to communicate effectively with others
• Writes effectively and concisely to ensure that communication is comprehensible
• Developed teamwork skills by working with 8 teammates on committee “Voice of the Teammate”, committee that voices any concerns, issues or praise to the CEO of SunTrust Mortgage
• Multitasking skills acquired by being able to complete numerous loan closings simultaneously, while keeping up with correspondence via email and phone calls and addressing any issues that may arise
• Member of the “Operations Advisory Committee” at SunTrust Mortgage, which is an exclusive committee that implements process and compliance changes with the SunTrust Mortgage footprint, organizes teammate forums to discuss current and upcoming opportunities to create a positive and effective workplace
• Working knowledge of Encompass, AUS including both DU and LP
• Marketing skills in creating and sustaining business relationships with realtors, insurance companies and mortgage insurance vendors