Lawyer-Notary – Mangual & Carrion Law Office
Driven leader capable of influencing others in achieving excellent performance levels, while adhering to short term and long-term goals. Vast understanding of legal, compliance and notary terms and principles; and a strong promoter of an ethical and encouraging environment.
Strengths and Expertise:
• Attorney at law – experience in accordance with PR’s law code/standards;
• Public Notary;
• Primary knowledge in Government, Commercial Banking, Civil law, and public notary documentation for financial services entities;
• Team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize multiple concurrent projects;
• Exposed to a fast-paced and strict environment accentuating multiple skills: leadership, teamwork, working under pressure, strong documentation, meeting deadlines and exceeding goals;
• Fully bilingual (English and Spanish) and proficient in the use of computers and programs such as: Microsoft Word, Power-Point, and Excel.
• Legal research skills for Westlaw, Compuclerk, MicroJuris, LexisNexis and LexJuris.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
May 2003 to Present
Private practice of the Profession in legal office that exerts the Civil law. Authorization of Public Instruments and Sworn Declarations. Authorization of Public Instruments for the Center of Commercial Banking of the Popular Bank of Puerto Rico, region of Caguas. Authorization of Public Instruments for the Loss Mitigation and Commercial Departments of Doral Bank. Writing of legal documents and contracts of numerous diverse matters.
Other responsibilities involving client service include:
• Communicate cases’ status to Banco Popular of Puerto Rico and Jiménez Seda & Archilla, PSC to successfully resolve and report significant legal/compliance issues and concerns to client/borrower;
• Report case results to each client through oral and written communications.
Examiner’s Office Supervisor
May 2001 to February 2003
Leading administrative inmates’ hearings and Communicate cases’ status.
Sales Associate & Cashier
November 1990 to August 1997
Maintained constant presence on sales floor to address customer needs, recommend appropriate items for their needs and direct customers to selections. Supervise and manage the cashier transactions and perform the cash reconciliation at shift end/close.
Law and Private International Law
Juris Doctor/ Law Degree
Certified Public Notary