Insurance Specialist – McKesson
To obtain a rewarding and challenging position that offers upward ability and growth, to develop skills in a professional setting in order to meet corporate objectives.
September 2015 to Present
• Experience with phone system Five9
• Software used Roar, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Notes.
• Inbound and outbound calls, Faxing, Copying, Heavy Data Entry
• Input coupon and copay assistance information in the system
• Knowledge of PAP (Patient assistance programs) through manufacturer companies
• HIPPA trained
• ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT Knowledge
• Knowledge of Specialty Medications such as Humira, Enbrel, Tikosyn, Entyvio, etc.
• Reviewing Medical Record Cases
• Knowledge in Medicaid and Medicare policies
• Contact payers to verify patient eligibility and product specific coverage information.
• Advanced MD knowledge
• Communicated with physicians, advocates, patients, and manufacturer representatives to obtain and provide drug specific coverage information.
• Provide prior authorization assistance as well as claims assistance, including billing and coding instructions, to physicians and/or office staff.
• Provide accurate and timely follow-up to all reimbursement inquires.
• Research and compile payer information for reimbursement system.
• Identify and provide alternate funding sources for patients without insurance or adequate coverage through their insurer.
Kelly Services-Temporary Contract
Arizona Department of Public Safety
Applicant Clearance Card Team
May 2014 to May 2015
• Scanning documents
• Processing Supply Orders
• Mailing applicant clearance cards
• Handling and processing applicant’s fingerprint cards
• Greeting incoming customers
• Directing customers to the right department window.
• Answering and transferring phone calls, taking messages for supervisors and managers
• Sorting ERRTS
May 2011 to July 2012
Returned to School Full Time
• Proprietary Software: MetalTrackIT,
• Cash Handling, Writing Customer & Business Checks.
• Transportation, writing purchase orders, ordering containers, shipping out containers.
• Utilizing QuickBooks for invoicing & payments
• Routinely communicating with customers via telephone, e-mail, and in person.
• Faxing, Filing, Copying and Taking messages.
• New Employee Training
Customer Service Representative
October 2011 to November 2011
• Proprietary Software: LogistiCAD, HIPPAA
• Answering multi phone lines
• Customer Service
• Data Entry
• Managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits
• Communicated with state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards)
• Scheduling medical transportation to Doctor appointments and Outpatient surgeries, Discharges etc.
• Faxing and monitoring phones
• Processing Eligibility Forms for Patients
Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Psychology
Associate in Science
High School Diploma
• Communication over phone, through email and in person
• All Microsoft Office Programs
• Type 65 WPM
• Ten Key 10038 Keystrokes
• Cash Handling
• Time Management
• Decision Making
• Conflict Resolution
• Ability to Work Under Pressure