Hosting Infrastructure Services, IT MANAGER III – Fairview Health Services, University of Minnesota
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Hosting Infrastructure Services, IT MANAGER III
2012 to Present
Reporting to the VP of Infrastructure. Recruited through LinkedIn.com to manage Fairview Health Services, University of Minnesota’s primary & 9 hospital’s data centers, including all 3 PiB enterprise storage, Windows. Unix/Linux servers, backup and recovery, and event management. Actively participate on the Disaster Recovery Steering Committee, and was part of a small team to come up with $20 million in IT savings. Currently managing a $20 million-dollar budget and on target to come out favorable.
• 2013, handpicked by the CIO from a field of 32 applicants to be part of a small group in a “BOOZ & Co. engagement” organization to focus on delivering new innovations and cost savings. Three of my hypothesis have been implemented with proven cost savings (Unified communications, softphones, and preferred vendor program).
• Lead the disaster recovery documentation process including for the University of Minnesota medical.
• Created our first Information Technology Service Portfolio and imported it into ServiceNow
• Lead the project to upgrade over 3,000 Windows 2003 servers and came under the deadline.
• Successfully implemented a new backup infrastructure that included hardware and software. Two-year ROI and the new process that dropped our backup time in half.
• Moved our server model into a lifecycle with less risks and more governance (security, patching and in line with the application support). Example: implemented VM environments in the hospitals with support standards, OLA’s, better RTO.
• Successfully sunset the mainframe with zero business disruption and zero restores 12 months later.
• Implemented a new a company asset management system
• Successfully upgrade our entire Lawson system including hardware and duplicate failover environment
• Successfully created RFP’s for storage refresh, co-location (DR site), server purchasing, and VDI
• Active member on Fairview’s Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Steering Committee
• Business relationship builder. Proactively reach out to the business units for their visions in order to better IT needs.
• Published several new policies and procedures such as data retention, media destruction, data center standards, and security controls.
2010 to 2012
Manage all the information technology operations, including providing a NEW IT security consulting service to clients seeking IT security concerns. Built a new data center on time and under budget. Developed a successful computer forensic services practice that grew into a very profitable service.
Notable accomplishments while staying under budget:
• Aligning the Business and IT.
• Implemented the new Microsoft Lync system (VOIP).
• Saved $400 per month on a new ISP with 10X faster speeds and better liability. A $600 per month savings by renegotiating a new copier contract.
• Implemented ITIL processes.
• Designed a new Intranet using Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
• Creating new reporting, document management and collaboration functionality on the new Intranet site.
• Going from a daily Helpdesk ticket backlog of 75 to an average of 8-12.
• Major application upgrades without downtime.
• Implemented Microsoft Hyper-V and consolidated 32 physical servers.
2009 to 2009
After we locked the doors for the last time, I committed for two more years to providing electronic data and litigation support. I maintained 10 servers during this time and remote access to attorneys.
2005 – 2009 My duties included managing information technology, litigation support, e-discovery, and computer forensics. We unfortunately had to close our doors after 65 great years.
• Responsible for all information technology operations including: information security policies and procedures, enterprise applications, data centers, telecom, disaster recovery, preventive maintenance, network services, servers, web operations, data storage, hardware, dial up and Internet access, help desk and desktop support operations.
• Lead and managed operational, maintenance and administrative staff in meeting annual and quarterly goals.
• Established key SLA’s, and measured and improved service performance metrics.
• Developed and managed IT budget.
• Drove methods to provide high quality and cost-efficient services to the business.
• Developed processes and procedures for IT Security policies.
• Implemented and enforced ITIL processes and procedures.
• Consulted with litigation teams on Electronic Discovery Projects.
• Responsible for all staff planning and supervision, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge.
• Implemented software package and hot fix system firm wide including testing, configuration and installation
2000 to 2005
• Globally managing the storage and server infrastructure for all of Dorsey’s offices around the world including Europe and Asia. Successfully implemented change management program and process. Lead the data center move project without any business disruption. Promoted from SR. Network Engineer, to the new Network Services Manager in 2002 due to a flawless data center move and successful new office buildout in China.
• United States Senate, Technology Advisor / Minneapolis, MN 2002 – 2002
• Head Technology Advisor for The Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL) chose former Vice President Walter Mondale during the 2002 United States Senate election in Minnesota.
Bachelor’s in Information Management Homeland Security – Cyber Security
August 2014 to June 2016
February 2015 to Present