Hosting Engineer – AWS Implementation’s with Cloudformation, Jenkins, JSON and Git
I am a committed and enthusiastic IT professional from a managed service background supporting platforms of wide ranging sizes and flavours. I have a desire to learn from a skilled peer group and consistently improve. My belief is that I have something to offer any team and have a track record of stepping up to the mark. At this point in my career I need focus and to specialise and have recently been following an AWS path, the next challenge I take in my career needs to be both enjoyable and rewarding with team ethosculture that wants to improve every day.
Key SkillsTechnology Focus
• Team Leadership
• Continuous improvement
• Classic Infrastructure Support
• Problem Management
September 2014 to Present
at Adapt/Datapipe working in a diverse environment of public/private and hybrid clouds at various stages of product lifecycles including support/implementation/administration as well asContinual Service Improvements.
• AWS Implementation’s with Cloudformation, Jenkins, JSON and Git
• Hands on experience with AWS services such as Autoscaling, Route53, S3, RDS, certificate manage, Elastic Search, Cloudfront, ELB’s, SES, SNS, EBS, VPC, EFS, Lambda, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch and Cloudformation.
• ClassicAWS On call
• CiscoJuniper Firewall – Admin, troubleshooting and customer implementation
• vSpherevCloud Director – Admin, troubleshooting and customer implementation
• F5 Load Balancers implementationtroubleshootingAdministration
• LinuxWindows Builds and 3rd line support
• Monitoring – Solarwinds, EM7 and Datadog for AWS
• Multiple builds/customer onboardings on both private VMware stacks, in-house public cloud and AWS
• Storage – Admin, troubleshooting and implementation
• Automated Patching
Technical Support analyst and currently Senior Analyst
September 2011 to September 2014
acting as an escalation pointmentor for the service desk while continually improving its performance.
• ITO Service Desk Transition – Technical lead through Due Diligence, Service Design, Service Implementation, Staff Training and Project Closure ( Working with resources across the business) for a recent Council ITO. In the process of creating a Transition template off the back of this piece of work.
• Designing and Continually Improving a Skills Framework Competency for service desk which is used as a progression toolincentive for staff ( Linked to pay structure)
• Problem Management leading to solution implementation via change control.
• Working with Pre -Sales, providing technical inputCustomer knowledge on a ‘Managed Service’ tender proposal’s
• Liaising with other internal teams to troubleshootescalateresolve issues
• Mentoring staff within the team to share knowledge effectively, providing training highlighted in one to ones and skills framework
• On-site Engineer hardware refreshes and platform rollouts
• Continual Service Improvement, working with customers to enhance their work environment.
January 2009 to September 2011
and all Change Requests in a dedicated Citrix environment
• Training New Team Members and Leading the team when needed
• Creating and maintaining service processes
Desktop Support Analyst
November 2007 to January 2009
in Pudsey, Providing customer Service support to a customer base of over 60,000 people
November 2001 to November 2007
A Levels in Pure Mathematics in Sociology
IT Qualifications / Professional Courses recently
VCP550 – VMware Certified Professional (May 2015)
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate ( December 2016)
AWS Certified Developer – Associate (June 2017)
AWS Certified Sysops Administrator – Associate ( October 2017)