Hosting Administrator – Credible Behavior
System Administrator with 8+ years of hands on IT system administration experience seeking full time position. In need for a full time position to research, troubleshoot, maintain, fix and deploy systems.
July 2015 to Present
Support and monitor web server and services
● Ensure 99.99% availability of the Web site.
● Incorporate monitors to maintain health check on different services.
● Create Splunk Dashboards to ensure the environment can maintain current traffic patterns.
● Deploy code to production system.
Data Protection Engineer
November 2013 to June 2015
Support and maintain the backup infrastructure.
● Troubleshoot backup related error.
● Maintain ticket queue for the backup team.
● Monitor storage usage and customer data usage.
September 2012 to November 2013
Syncing .Net Web application from Dev to Production
● Troubleshooting issues with developers
● Syncing ArcGis 10.0 spatial data and map data to Production
● Work on deploying IBM Kiosk Manager to Development and Production
● Help roll out remote application with the System Administrator
● Monitor web apps via script and tools
Data Center Operation Center System Administrator
September 2006 to September 2012
● Plan ahead on what has to be deployed to live the datacenter.
● Create scripts to bulk deploy to server farms
● Work with engineering on the defect on the deployment instructions.
● Cotendo DNS Solution
● Create A record and Cname accordingly for web applications
● Manage records and altering for Development, QC and Production Environment
● IIS Server Management and Setup IIS5, IIS6 and IIS7
● Work with engineering on setting up web application and setting app pool Configure hostname and manage port associated with multiple sites
● Cloud Migration(Amazon Ec2)
● Migrate 600 + server into Amazon Ec2 Environment
● Manage firewall between security grouping and software firewall
● Administrate and troubleshooting issue that arise as Tier 3 support.
● Create instance and Elastic Load Balancing for server farm through VPC
● Create and manage report on system performance. Monitor web traffic pattern to the company server end.
● Using a third party tool to create report on network and site availability.
● Using a Mercury and Akamai service to analyze website availability and trends.
● Setting custom ratio on how server get request based on performance.
● Determine to if server farm need more machine added to the domain pool.
● Create ASP.Net pages and VB scripts and small VB, C# application for network and system wide monitoring, alerting and automate processes
● Main language used is VB.net where page are created to monitor file timestamp and size.
● Create page base on different SQL calls to determine if data is up to date
● Use html and server side code to develop pages to check type of status.
● VB script to automate deletion, file transfer
● VB.net app to create custom RRDtool graph and hold data for system performance.
● Using .net classes to automate file archiving
● PowerShell script for deployment to multiple machine or mass execute commands.
● Help team manage live network and system
● Help troubleshoot network related latency using tool:
● Ping, Netstat, ipconfig, route
● Back track system and network using F5 BIG, F5 3dns
● Cotendo DNS backtrack with cname and a records to ip.
● Create and update Knowledge Base articles
● Train and create procedure for NOC
● Managing and troubleshooting database servers (SQL 2000/2005/2008); configure and manage SQL jobs.
● Check and ensure SQL agent is running
● Check schedule job are functioning properly
● Troubleshoot issue related to failed jobs and data discrepancy
● Fix SQL replication issue
● Help maintain replication and custom replication
● Help figure out issue with permission on store procedures
Network Operation Center Administrator
January 2005 to August 2006
Responsible for operational support of network systems throughout the Weatherbug enterprise network consisting of over 500 servers.
● Create and update Knowledge Base articles based on issues resolved
● Maintaining and creating System Documentation on various networks and systems
● Responsible for operating system upgrades on the network using MS Windows Sus.
● Updating and syncing various web pages and information feed to servers
● Maintaining and troubleshooting Symantec Antivirus Enterprise Edition 8.0/9.0
Intern, Support Analyst
2005 to 2005
Managing and troubleshooting database servers (SQL 2000/2005); configure and manage SQL jobs.
● Initiate and track ticket resolution internally and with vendors
Intern, Support Analyst for the Internationalization Department
June 2004 to December 2004
Investigate and troubleshoot unresolved issues and bug reports
● Update quality assurance test cases used by the international test team
● Maintain database on servers and provide testers with data files needed for bug reporting
● Install web-based applications on various multilingual platforms and OS, including Sun Solaris, HP, AIX, and Windows 2000/XP
● Edit and run scripts to create databases for the international testing department
● Assist with hardware and software issues such as connectivity and international locale setups
● Responsible for software upgrades on testers’ machines
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems in Data Communications and Network
Software OS: Microsoft Windows: 98, ME, 2000, 2003 (Pro, Advance Server), XP (Home, Pro), 2008 and 7
Network: AD, DNS, TCPIP, WINS, F5 BigIP F5 3dns, Cotendo DNS, Akamai, Amazon Web Services, Zeus Load Balancing
Programming/Scripting Languages: C, C++, JAVA script, HTML, Visual Basic.Net, PowerShell, SQL
Asigra Enterprise Backup