PLAN DECONVERSION OPERATIONS CONSULTANT – VOYA FINANCIAL
Highly skilled and accomplished financial/investment management professional providing customer relationship management and operational support to institutional clients to facilitate fund transfers, resolve complex issues, new account set-up, and terminations covering assets of over $2 billion.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
PLAN DECONVERSION OPERATIONS CONSULTANT
February 2015 to Present
• Serve as client liaison providing multiple services including new account set-up, account terminations and transfer of funds for multi-million dollar plans working with fiduciaries.
• Support diverse investments including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans.
• Manage transactions in excess of $1 billion.
• Maintain relationships with major accounts including municipalities, school systems, hospitals and non-profits.
• Collaborate with internal/external resources to resolve complex issues and to accommodate account set-ups, transfers and terminations.
• Ensure strict compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory mandates.
• Streamline and re-engineer workflows and processes.
• Provide the highest levels of service excellence to earn and retain customers’ loyalty.
• Use internal controls, data collection, analysis and trending to take a proactive response to risks and opportunities, and as a baseline for continuous quality improvement.
PLAN MANAGER, Health, Education and Governmental Plans
January 2009 to January 2015
• Served as primary customer contact for nearly 1,100 plans valued at over $2 billion.
• Resolved complex client issues requiring extensive research and analytics.
• Ensured compliance with regulatory mandates and provided audit support for ERISA plans and Form 5500 filings.
• Educated and supported plan sponsors, third party administrators and Field Representatives.
• Coordinated with customer service center, Money In and Money Out in providing plan level specifics to address multiple issues.
• Collaborated with internal resources to enhance service levels to clients.
• Identified and capitalized on opportunities for positive change and transformation management.
• Participated in cross-functional initiatives to build consensus and support for shared goals.
SENIOR PAYOUT ANALYST
May 2002 to January 2009
• Provided training and guidance to agents regarding various product lines and payout options.
• Advised agents on customer education techniques.
• Educated customers on plan payout options, including contractual and IRS limitations.
• Effectively and accurately processed customer and agent requests.
• Continually satisfied and exceeded monthly service and accuracy metrics.
DIGITAL RESPONSE TEAM
November 2001 to May 2002
• Developed Best Practices, procedures, structure and content for newly developed team.
• Handled customer e-mail communications to provide immediate responses regarding new and existing retirement plan services and options.
• Tracked requests and identified trends and common issues.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
January 2000 to November 2001
• Provided quality customer service regarding corporate and HEG retirement plans.
• Researched, analyzed and responded to IRA, 457, 403(b), and 401(k) Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit participant inquiries.
• Identified customer retention opportunities and explain the various investment products available.
• Managed the In-Box for the Common Wealth of Massachusetts and worked with sponsor services and the Common Wealth of Massachusetts to resolve issues.
• Resolved and researched complex issues by working with other business areas and utilizing available information systems.
Bachelor of Arts in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
September 1993 to May 1999
March 1996 to March 1998
FINRA Series 6 and 63
Accredited Retirement Plan Specialist, ARPS
• Problem Research & Resolution • Goal Setting/Performance Tracking
• Customer Liaison Services • Change/Transformation Management
• Client Education • Process/Workflow Improvements
• Regulatory Compliance • Collaborative Working Partnerships
• Consultative Relationships • Cross-Functional Team Facilitation
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer; On-line Financial Investment Applications as appropriate for positions with VOYA, such as ACES, OMNI, eDS, Set IT, Sales Force; PAW; Knowledge Base; Task Manager; Case Profile;