Plant specialist with indoor and outdoor cultivation and invasive plant management experience
Hot Springs, SD
I am a dedicated and organized individual currently working a 6-month seasonal position at Wind Cave National Park as a Biological Science Technician for vegetation. In May, I graduated from Green Mountain College with a Bachelor of Arts in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Production. I have experience with many forms of outdoor and highly-controlled indoor plant maintenance and control.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Biological Science Technician (Plants)
May 2017 to Present
40 hours per week
• Treating noxious plants using chemical, mechanical, and biological techniques.
• Identifying and monitoring plant species of interest.
• Using GPS units to locate precise areas and record locations of invasive and rare plant populations for monitoring and/or control.
• Using and keeping up to date on the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for pesticide application, mechanical vegetation control, and operating off-road vehicles.
May 2015 to July 2016
15 to 40 hours per week
• Monitoring and keeping meticulous documentation on plant growth and health.
• Cultivating and maintaining plants.
• Producing specialized extractions.
• Working with outside contractors to improve plant cultivation strategies and develop targeted extractions.
May 2012 to August 2012
40 hours per week
• Monitoring and feeding outdoor 100+ seabird population.
• Caring for and training newly-hatched chicks.
• Conducting behavioral research on seabirds.
Bachelor of Arts in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Production
2013 to 2017
Mathematics, and Computer Science Magnet Program
2009 to 2013
Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
May 2017 to February 2019
SD Department of Agriculture
Categories: General, Forest pest control, Right-of-way pest control, Public health pest control
ATV RiderCourse Completion
May 2017 to May 2018
ATV Safety Institute
ROV Basic DriverCourse Completetion
June 2017 to June 2018
Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Assocation
First Aid CPR AED
May 2017 to May 2019
American Heart Assocation