Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
August 1997 to Present
San Juan, Puerto Rico
August/1997 to Present
• Active practice representing and providing legal assistance to low
income individuals, in matters related to family, labor and employment
law, under the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico jurisdiction and bankruptcy in accordance with Federal Law related.
• Courts and administrative litigation within the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Litigating cases thought all stages, investigation, discovery,
dispositive motions and trial procedures. Prepare and deliver
persuasive communication; present complex arguments in real time
before mediator, arbitrators, the judiciary, government officials and other professionals.
• Legal counseling regarding policies and procedures within labor scope,
employee relations, discipline and worker’s compensation, Equal
Employment Opportunity cases and reasonable accommodation
advice and litigation for employers.
• Perform and supervise highly technical and legal research relative to any of the above legal activities involving complex and difficult facts
and legal situations, and cross multiple disciplines.
• Extensive experience in conducting discovery, depositions, motions
practice, and other pre-trial procedures to prepare cases for administrative hearings or trial. Including but not limited to prepare
cases for administrative hearings or trial including but not limited to prepare witnesses for examination, cross-examine witnesses, and
respond to evidentiary objections.
• Notary Public practice under the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Civil
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Fully bilingual: Spanish and English.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively
communicate orally and in writing to varied audiences on complex and/or sensitive programmatic or administrative issues.
• Ability to analyze problems and controversies, feedback for the public, clients, and third parties, and make quick and effective
• Ability to develop and evaluate an effective approach to resolve
controversies and support the clients positions through the discovery of evidence, information and strategic methods.
• Ability to negotiate, interview, depose, and interpret data and documents.
• Excellent skills making strategies and procedures for management and supervision of others.
• Ability to supervise and work with a cooperative perspective.
• Computer literate, Lexjuris, Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, and other
Juris Doctor in Law