Attorney and Experienced Compliance Professional
Attorney and compliance professional with retail and correspondent banking experience. Experience implementing and providing advisement on compliance, laws, and regulations throughout various levels within an organization. Skilled and comfortable effectively communicating and building relationships across business units. Analytically minded, excellent planning skills, with a dynamic and personable personality.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
December 2017 to Present
• Represent Clients in negotiations of merchant cash advances and business debts with various lenders.
• Responsible for the successful negotiation, settlement, and/or restructure of business debts.
Senior AML/BSA Compliance Consultant – Subject Matter Expert/Quality Control/SAR Writer
December 2015 to Present
• Responsible for ensuring that the business operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and standards relating to anti-money laundering (AML), the Banking Secrecy Act (BSA) and counter terrorism financing.
• Recognized for implementing a streamlined process for case investigations, resulting in increased productivity.
• Perform Quality Control reviews on assigned cases, documenting findings and providing feedback and advisement for corrective action.
• Serve as an additional resource, providing knowledge based risk evaluation on a case by case basis for analysts conducting case reviews.
FIU AML Compliance Analyst
December 2014 to December 2015
• Recognized for successful collaboration across business units for providing compliance advisement regarding the on-boarding and maintenance of Senior Public Figures, High-Risk Businesses, and High Net Worth clients.
• Performed Due Diligence for new and existing high-risk customers and businesses.
• Analyze client information, documents, and activity to determine potential risks.
• Appointed to Special Projects team; responsible for CTR reporting and annual reviews, department QA’s, and remediation of cases for upcoming audits.
MoneyGram International, Compliance Analyst
June 2014 to December 2014
• Conducted international due diligence research and reviewed initial applications as part of the on-boarding process.
• Responsible for analyzing business licensing and registration documents for new and renewing agents.
• Performed ongoing monitoring of newly on-boarded agents.
• Provided feedback to management and escalated issues, as appropriate to support business functions.
• Built and maintained relationships with international sales agents regarding internal compliance standards.
Project Lead of Assigned
September 2005 to May 2010
Performed internal reference document audit including review of over 10,000 documents to ensure compliance with bylaws of the Internal Organization of Standardization.
Collections/Customer Service Supervisor
• Conducted QA to ensure collection practices were in compliance with FDCPA guidelines and standards as well as MBF’s policies and procedures.
• Created recognition and bonus program to provide incentives to reward top performers.
• Awarded for exceeding having the team that exceeded monthly target goals for three consecutive quarters.
• Interpreted and created reports highlighting employee’s areas of strengths and weaknesses.