Attorney – Martin, Rawson & Martin, P.C
May 2013 to Present
May 2009 to May 2013
Focus on commercial real estate, including commercial and residential real estate closings, lease negotiations, trust
administration, environmental laws and corporate compliance, including federal wetland laws and regulations, resolution of claims arising from title insurance policies, condominium conversions, limited liability companies, zoning and real estate
development issues, and negotiation of development contracts including construction contracts and owner-engineer
• Experienced litigator having tried numerous jury trials in federal and state courts, including the Alabama Supreme
Court, all pertaining to real estate-related issues.
• Significant work to promote the Foundry Ministries’ programs to assist prisoners and other individuals in the Foundry’s
rehabilitation programs, including social security disability, administrative claims and appeals, federal court litigation, and completion of state-required training for prison visitation.
• Extensive appellate brief writing, motion practice, and legal research.
• Successfully defended national bank from forgery claim on multimillion dollar mortgage, prevailing on summary
• Successfully represented national title underwriter in complex mortgage priority dispute, prevailing on summary
• Successfully defended national bank from fraud and negligence claims regarding novel surface waters issue, prevailing on summary judgment and numerous appeals with an award of attorney fees.
• Represented national asset management company in environmental compliance matters.
June 2011 to 2012
General litigation, including brief writing, legal research, and trial preparation. Extensive briefing in specialized field of closed-end fund financial industry regulatory authority (FINRA) arbitration.
Bankruptcy and Foreclosure Specialist
June 2010 to August 2010
Processed, monitored and consolidated bankruptcy and foreclosures for law firms and mortgage servicers.
B.A. in Political Science
• Legal Research: WestlawNext, LexisNexis.
• Software: Microsoft Office, WordPerfect, FrontPage, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Typing: 92 words per minute.
• Member: Birmingham Bar Association, American Bar Association, American Contract Bridge League (ACBL),
Highlands United Methodist Church, United States Chess Association, National Eagle Scout Association.
• Honors/Interests: Eagle Scout, Bridge Ruby Life Master (ACBL), Chess Class A Rating, Scholars bowl, Tennis.
Conversational proficiency in French and German. Trustee of family trusts, including administration of property issues such
as ad valorem taxes, insurance, access easements, timber cutting and mortgage issues.