Highly motivated, versatile and resourceful member of the State Bar of California in good standing with Bachelor’s and Juris Doctor degrees. Significant experience in client advocacy. Ability to handle all phases of a case. Trial experience. Excellent communication and listening skills. Analytical mind. Willingness to be a team player. Eager to excel, learn quickly, personable and appreciated among peers.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
September 2017 to Present
2008 to 2016
Contra Costa County Juvenile Dependency Program: Represented parents and children in abuse and neglect cases, including special needs, adolescent and undocumented children. Worked with parents
dealing with mental health issues, addiction and incarceration. Acted in a culturally competent manner
and with regard to the socioeconomic position of the client. Visited children in their home. Advocated for the client’s goals and empowered the client to make informed decisions based on thorough counsel.
Acquired knowledge of relevant federal and state laws, regulations, policies and rules. Conducted
thorough investigations. Requested and reviewed discovery. Cooperated and communicated regularly
with other professionals. Aggressively advocated for regular visitation. Requested services. Engaged in settlement negotiations.
Developed case theory and strategy. Researched legal issues and filed pleadings, motions and briefs.
Prepared client to testify. Identified, located and prepared witnesses, including experts when needed.
Interviewed opposing counsel’s experts. Attended hearings and trials. Prepared and made evidentiary
objections. Presented and cross-examined witnesses. Prepared and presented exhibits. Took steps to ensure client complied with court orders and determined whether case needed to be brought back to court.
Filed post-hearing paperwork. Mentored new attorneys.
Bachelor’s degree in Justice Studies
Attorney, State Bar of California in good standing
• Participated in thousands of court hearings and dozens of trials.
• Skilled in investigating cases, conducting interviews and propounding discovery to obtain
• Skilled in conducting legal research, analyzing problems and applying legal principles.
• Skilled in preparing complaints, answers, demurrers, discovery, motions,
briefs, orders, judgments, writs and appeals.
• Knowledge of rules of evidence and the conduct of court proceedings.
• Ability to present arguments and statements of fact and law clearly, logically and persuasively in written and oral form.
• Skilled in presenting opening statements, interrogating and cross-examining witnesses, arguing points of law, and making final arguments or summations.
• Ability to negotiate with other attorneys regarding disposition of cases.
• Ability to manage caseload and perform quality legal work under pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to prepare and maintain clear, concise and comprehensive records, reports and correspondence.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, often in difficult and strained circumstances.
• Knowledge of ethical and professional standards of conduct, ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity. Mature and sound judgment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Corel WordPerfect; Mac (Pages, Numbers, Keynote); G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Calendar); Lexis/Nexis; WestLaw.