Accountant with 10 years of cross-functional skills in the areas of general ledger, revenue, cost accounting, fixed asset, account payable, payroll and stock administration.
San Jose, CA
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Senior Accountant (Cross-functional responsibilities including cost accounting, general ledger, fixed asset, revenue, payroll, stock admin and account payable)
January 2013 to Present
• Successful stepped up to assume additional responsibilities for revenue when coworker left to ensure that revenue was reported accurately and timely. Promoted to senior accountant in 2016 as result of hard work and additional responsibilities.
• Successful closed out 30 states payroll accounts, manually prepared and filed the payroll state tax returns as Paychex was no longer offering tax service after Roche’s acquisition without error.
• Successful reconciled and paid up to date VAT and sales & use tax. Also, improved process to compliance with VAT and sales tax requirement which help company able to pass first sales tax audit within 2 days audit and no penalty.
Cost and General Accounting: 3/17-Present
• Review to ensure all COGS have no assigned department.
• Review Cost Variances for potential capitalization base on company policy.
• Prepare monthly accounting entries to post facilities, R & D and COGS allocation.
• Reconcile all inventory balance sheet accounts and COGS accounts section on P & L.
• Maintain fixed asset ledgers, depreciation, and reconciliation.
• Property tax filing.
Manage full cycle Revenue: 3/15-2/17
• Responsible for many aspects of revenue including review customer contracts to ensure billing accurate, sales reserve, deferred revenue, royalty, bad debt expense, revenue intercompany and general ledger in accordance with company policy and US GAAP.
• Performed customer collection.
• Sales tax, VAT, EC and Intrastat filing.
Manage full cycle Payroll: 2/13- 3/15
• Prepared biweekly payroll for 250 multi-state US employees (29 States) using PayChex and Time & Labor online.
• Prepared and reconciled payroll related entries, including wage, vacation, and bonus and commission accrual.
• Collaborated with HR closely to ensure voluntary deductions as well as garnishments are properly captured.
• Enrolled and closed payroll withholding accounts with States and local agency after acquisition.
• Supported annual 401k and annual nondiscrimination testing FSA plan.
Stock Administration: 5/13- 1/15
• Prepared and process stock option grants (ISO, NSO and RSU), exercises, and cancellations using Equity Edge online.
• Completed year-end tax requirements for Section 6039 forms including W2, 1099 MISC and 3921.
• Prepared monthly stock compensation reports and stock expense journal entries.
• Reconciled share plan activity and cap table.
Manage full cycle Account Payable: 1/13-4/14
• Processed AP invoices and payment timely using NetSuite.
• Filed quarterly sales and use tax return.
• Prepared month-end AP accruals.
• Reconciled AP accounts with GL.
• Filed 1099 MISC.
June 2005 to October 2012
• Developed process improvements that enhanced A/P functions, established common vendor files, eliminated duplication and reduced monthly processing time by 30%.
• Successful took over payroll from HR and implemented payroll process to eliminate payroll issues and compliance with payroll requirement. Result, save company money from paid terminated employees.
Manage full cycle Payroll:
• Prepared semi-monthly payroll for multi-state US employees using ADP Workforce and monthly payroll for international employees include German, Singapore and UK through third party.
• Prepared payroll and vacation accrual journal entries.
• Reconciled payroll accounts with GL.
Manage full cycle Account Payable:
• Processed AP invoices & employee expense reports for timely and accurate payment using Great Plains & QuickBooks.
• Support month end close functions including preparing journal entries, reconciliations and cash flow & expense versus budget analyses as needed.
• Reconciled various balance sheet accounts.
• Processed 1099s and 3921 at year-end.
September 2003 to May 2005
Performed customer billing using Oracle 11i and Excel including resolved billing issues, ensured billing was accurately and timely. Key results:
• Uncovered $1 million order that previous miss bill and able to back bill customer during a first few months join the company.
B.S. in Accounting Information Systems
• Accounting Experience in general ledger, cost accounting, revenue, fixed asset, account payable, payroll and stock administration.
• Proficient in payroll systems as ADP workforce, Paychex preview and Time Labor.
• Proficient in accounting programs as NetSuite, Oracle, Great Plains Dynamic Software, QuickBooks.
• Proficient in Equity Edge Online.
• Self-starter with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in fast paced start up environment.
• Motivated, efficient, accurate, and detailed-oriented.